" We believe Food is the essence of Life"
Copyright 2001 - 2010 Golfchefs.com
What makes a healthy diet?
- Every day should include: ~ fresh fruit, vegetables, bread and cereals ~ some lean meat or meat substitutes (legumes) and low-fat dairy products ~ a little bit of butter, margarine or other fats
2. Eat more Fruit & Vegetables, Bread & Cereals
- They are: ~ none fattening, unless you add fat or sugar ~ rich in energy, fibre, minerals, vitamins and water ~ heart healthy ~ help your digestive system
3. Eat less Fat
- Fat can build up on your hips (weight gain) or it can build up in your blood and cause a heart attack - Avoid chips, cakes, fried food, etc and lower your fat intake by trimming fat off meat, cooking with herbs and spices, using low-fat dairy products
4. Eat less Sugar
- Limit foods such as cakes, cookies and other sweets, ice cream and pop, eat fruit instead
5. Limit Alcohol intake
- Alcohol has twice as many calories as sugar, so have a limit of one to two drinks (beer, wine, spirits) per day
6. Don't get too fat or too thin
- Eat the right amount of food to achieve and then maintain a healthy weight - Eat meals regularly - Even if you're trying to lose weight, don't skip meals - eat smaller servings
7. Eat less Salt
- Salt can raise your blood pressure and harden your arteries - Taste food before you add salt - Use herbs, spices, lemon juice, garlic or low salt substitutes instead of salt
8. Drink more Water
- Drink a minimum of four glasses of water per day
Nutrition & Tips
- What makes a healthy Diet?